Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Marking time in Melbourne


Our bags are packed and we're ready to go ... but we have a couple of weeks to wait. An opportunity to spend some time in Melbourne with Sophie and give her a bit of a helping hand following her knee reconstruction. What a great opportunity now that I'm not working. Having the flexibility in my life to go where I want, when I want is exactly what leave (or retirement) is all about. I get to enjoy record unseasonal warm weather in Melbourne for the start of August, as well as a sense of achievement in driving - even if it is only around the eastern suburbs of Melbourne (still much more traffic than what I'm used to in Clermont). I'm the chauffeur taking Sophie to her physio appointments. And have a bit of FUN along the way. No this is not a sign of being bored!!!

Tomorrow we are off to the city where Sophie has a meeting to attend... so I get to wander around the shops. Ohhhh I have already had a glimpse (and a taste) of the awesome sales on here at the moment. Should be fun!!!

And next week, I hear there's going to be a parade in the city for Tour de France winner, Cadel Evans. Oh there's another bonus in not working at the moment. More fun.

No comments: