Monday, May 14, 2007

Partying on


Just on our way home from dinner via the party in the plaza. Such a great atmosphere... dancing, music, singing, and everyone drinking lots of beer (cerveza) often from grande bottles - I mean 1.25litre bottles!!!
We got into the swing with the music and looked around to see Mike dancing with 2 local mamas. Next moment the rest of us (5 altogether) were swept into action by another 2 mamas. Boy they can really move their feet!!! By this time Mike had joined them in drinking. I couldn´t believe my eyes ... but it was true, Lex saw it too. One of the mamas opened another cerveza ... with her teeth!!! Lindy and Lex were drinking along with them - the locals found it hard to accept that I don´t drink beer, telling me it was only a little bit.
We made some new best friends tonight. Wonderful to be part of their celebrations. Tomorrow is Machu Picchu...

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Sounds like quite a night - and much fun to be had!

BTW...Please ask Dad not to attempt opening beer bottles with his teeth - I know he's proud of other beer bottle opening techniques but I think that this one should be left to the mamas...