Monday, July 02, 2007

Another day in Paradise

Slow start this morning.... possibly something to do with the late nights and good living. [ Each day we start out my body screams out in pain ... legs, ankles, hips ...even arms. You'd think we weren't doing any exercise! We're averaging 10-15kms each day ... and countless steps. We're on the third floor again ... no elevator this time ... just a narrow spiral staircase.]

We wandered off to explore wider than yesterday... dressed in shorts for the first time since leaving home. Hadn't got very far when we came across another market. Woohoo... I just love the vibrance of these areas.... and all the food items. Bought another bread stick for our evening meal ... and some olives, cheese (I think) and a salami that looks really gross ... but tasted terrific. Also for lunch ... paella (awesome) and samosas (also really good).

This market also had lots of flowers, of course, and clothes, books and antiques. Some of the shops were open (and not as busy as yesterday) so I followed up with a few hours browsing clothes shops ... on my own. Sizes are labelled differently ... and not much English is spoken ... so it was a challenge. No I didn't add to my luggage ... but I had lots of fun trying things on.

It's 8.30pm .... after a really fine day, we had a shower earlier, but the 8 o'clock sun is shining through below the cloud. What a place ... sun on the cathedral.

No comments: