Saturday, July 14, 2007

Another day on the bike



.... well only for Lex. You didn't think I'd get back on a bike so soon did you!!!


Lex hired a bike today to try to catch some of the Tour on country roads, while I spent the day around the village. I finally got to wear my shorts ... not bad ... I have carted these everywhere for almost 11 weeks for a day like today.... a beautiful summer's day. It has been fabulous.


Lex found a good spot to view the race ... along with a group of French people ... who became his new best friends. No common language, but they managed to communicate about bike racing, cyclists, wineries and flagpoles. The young boy suggested using their umbrella as a flagpole for Lex's Aussie flag ... and they even offered to take pics of him as the race came into view. Check out the pics!!!


Race over, and Lex even had time to fit in a winery visit on the way home. Successful day I'd say.


For my day, I managed to see an art exhibition, listen to an organ recital at the Notre Dame (not intentional, but very interesting all the same. I popped in to look at the church!) Also checked out the jardin displays (gardens), sat in the village centre watching helicopters circling overhead (the cyclists must have been close to Beune too), and I also fitted in a little shop browsing. The ones I wanted to look in were closed between 12 and 2pm ... can't get used to that. And, I almost forgot, I also managed a winery visit ... different one from Lex.

No comments: