Monday, September 05, 2011

Ordering food ... I need some help!!! Ayuder

It's become obvious a little knowledge is very helpful .... when it comes to ordering food.  Lex and I thought we hadn't done too badly on our own ordering something which at least had some recognisable elements.  It can be tricky, because I like my veges and salad, and I recognise 'ensalada' is salad, BUT there's always the fear of eating salad washed in local water, not purified water.  Or having a drink with ice .... made from local water.    Tricky.

So we have ordered ... and eaten some things we are not quite sure of.  But eating out with Zac and Milka today.... after several minutes looking at the menu, we were offered a menu in English - first time....  It was particularly interesting - turtle and alligator both on the menu.  Most meals around s/30 which is upmarket here.  Beef which is imported from Argentina was around s/35  (still only $12)  You can get a set price 2 course meal with a drink from s/6. 


So not being very adventurous, and a little bit 'tender' today, Lex and I opted for a pizza - against Zac's advice and our memories of pizza in Peru.  BAD move.  They don't do pizza well.!!!

On the other hand Zac and Milka both ordered fish - after all we are right on the river and fish should be their specialty.  And I had to think .... 'Why didn't I order that????  It looked amazing ... and dare I say .... 'Normal'
Fish with limon (lime) sauce, banana fritters and rice, or fish with some other sauce and potatoes.  Yum ... Check it out.  So much better than our pizza which BTW we couldn't eat!!!

No comments: